Here are all my notes from my journal page that July 2021 day I went back to therapy after stopping my anxiety meds in October 2020.
my therapist’s recommendations for lifestyle changes to help manage anxiety without medication:
- start recognizing anxiety’s messages to me –> journal out anxious thoughts
- “do it tomorrow” = anxiety
- decrease caffeine —> I was never really a coffee person, but I’m for sure a tea person now
- put all goals IN WRITING – also share with my writing accountability partner
- 30 min walk 3x/week —> can also delay/prevent alzheimer’s (not fact-checked, but she said it so I wrote it)
- eat a variety of fruits + veggies, chicken + fish
- chemicals in our stomach help keep anxiety + depression away
- and/or supplement with vitamins below
- volunteer at manegait —> also started exercise riding a friend’s horse in october 2021
- yoga —> started going to kundalini yoga at the groovy coop september-october 2021
- how am I taking care of me?
- contract with myself = mirror matrix habit tracker